Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rex vs. The Rabbit

Well, Mommy and I had an eventful day yesterday, so I thought I'd tell you all about it. 

Mommy got me all dressed up in some snazzy clothes. She told me we were going to meet the Easter Bunny. I was so excited, especially since Mommy's been telling me how the Easter Bunny is the one in charge of bringing me candy.



The whole way there I just couldn't stop talking about going to meet the Easter Rabbit.  I even practiced my smile for my picture with him.  We got to the mall and walked to the Easter display.  The Bunny was right around the corner.  Well, as soon as I turned the corner, I came to a dead stop.  This was NOT what I thought the Easter Bunny would look like.  I thought it was going to be a little rabbit.  Instead it was this really tall Bunny...even taller than Daddy!  I did not like the look of him.  He just kept smiling at me, and wouldn't say anything.  Well, it was then that I changed my mind.  I would NOT be going anywhere near that thing, and especially not taking a picture on his lap.
Mommy tried her hardest to talk me into it.  She told me we could go ride on the carousel, go to the playground, and get ice cream after.  It was so tempting that I nearly fell for her bribery.  But each time we got close to the Bunny, I plopped myself down on the floor and would not move.  Next, Daddy showed up and tried to reason with me.
Mommy thought maybe I needed a full stomach so we went to eat lunch.  We sat right by the carousel while we ate.  I wanted to ride it so bad!  As I ate my corn dog nuggets, I started to think it over.  I do love candy, and when I left the Easter Bunny, he was crying.  If I make him sad, he might not bring me any Peeps.  So I announced that the Easter Bunny was now my best friend and I showed Mommy my big smile that I was going to use in my picture. 
We went downstairs, back to where he was sitting.  It happened again.  I took one look at him and just could not bring myself to get close to him.  Finally, I got up enough courage to give him a high five.  It wasn't so bad.  I decided I would sit next to him...it was just going to be for a few seconds, right?  Well, the longer I sat next to him, the more I realized he was pretty nice.  Before you know it, I was on his lap, hugging him and smiling big for the camera!

 

Now, the Easter Bunny and I are buddies.  And since I took a great picture, I got all the things Mommy promised:




I even went shopping with Mommy and made a couple of lady friends:


I can't wait until Easter now!  I bet that Bunny will give me all kinds of presents and candy!


No comments:

Post a Comment